RGM Rod Ward Resigns
AFL Goldfields Chairman Paul Armstrong wishes to advise that long serving Regional General Manager Rod Ward has tendered his resignation, with his last day with AFL Goldfields being Friday 13th September 2019.
AFL Goldfields Chairman Paul Armstrong said:
“Rod is a highly respected administrator and below is a brief summary of some of the key achievements he has amassed during his career with AFL Goldfields:
• Overseen the expansion of the Ballarat FNL from 4 underage competitions to 10 underage competitions
• Established the Ballarat FNL Junior Netball competition – which now consists of 8 underage competitions
• Established the Ballarat FL Youth Girls competition – which has now grown 7 Female competitions and approx. 55 teams in 2019.
• Established the RDFNL Junior Netball competition.
• Overseen the expansion of the MCDFNL football and netball competitions
• Driven the growth of the Ballarat FNL Administrative Hub – and the establishment of the AFL Goldfields RAC
• Successfully managed the growth of the AFL Goldfields and our affiliated Leagues corporate partnership programs, including Licensing programs and retail arm “Footymart”
• Provided unprecedented support to clubs and their volunteers
• Mentored and developed many staff over the years who have professionally benefitted from Rod’s professional guidance.
Rod is also widely respected across the region by club officials and volunteers alike, and whilst he was never afraid to make a “tough call” he always treated everyone he dealt with respect, integrity and compassion.
We thank him for his enormous contribution to football and netball across the region over many years, and he will be difficult to replace. We will work closely with AFL Victoria to find someone who can continue to develop and support football and netball in this region as Rod has done so well over many years”.
Regional General Manager Rod Ward said “It has been a privilege and an absolute pleasure to serve the various leagues and clubs in the Goldfields region over the past 17+ years, and I will be leaving my role extremely grateful for the friendships I have formed and for the opportunities that the position has given me both professionally and personally. I thank all the passionate volunteers I have worked alongside at Board and Club level, and my admiration for the contribution they make for their respective Leagues, Clubs and communities could not be greater. I also wish to thank all the staff I have worked alongside – their passion for the game and for their commitment and dedication to making a positive contribution to the various leagues and clubs they serve is inspiring. The support they have given me as RGM has been much appreciated and I will always treasure the strong friendships we have formed. Over the coming weeks I look forward to catching up with as many people as possible to say farewell.”
Rod has been appointed as the new General Manager of the Ballarat Greyhound Racing Club, and takes up his new role on Monday 7th October 2019.
For further comment please contact AFL Goldfields Chairman Paul Armstrong on 0418 367 296